Friday, December 12, 2008

At the Back Stage of Deva Doll– Meeting with the Artists in Bangkok

Completely Newly Developed Goddess:

It has been quite a long time since the last release of Deva doll. I have one older type of tan skin Deva Doll. She is very poseable. The articulation and body balance stability is very good too. She could even stand on her own. But, believe me, the newly launched Deva dolls have completely new body design (19 joints), and refreshing human likeness face mould, that make Deva Dolls a TOTALLY new sensation to the doll community! They are so easy and good to pose, standing very easily on their stand. The body shape and the proportion are very human likeness as well.


I am lucky enough to be able to meet with the artists during my Bangkok trip. And I have learned something about them like this.

  • “Deva”- in Thai language means “Goddess”.
  • On 15th Dec. 2008, their 1st début doll will be a Latina girl named “Elfas” – which also means Godness in Latin.
  • “Tain-shi”, the Chinese girl, would be the 2nd Deva to come along. Actually, Tian-shi (天使) also means Goddess/angle in Chinese.

At the Back Stage of Deva Dolls:

The Deva guys were so kind to bring along 2 personal collections of their own to show me – the Indian girl – Pharatee, and the Chinese girl - Tain-shi. When they opened the box in front of me, I could not help but widely opened my eyes and… … my jaw dropped. The face paint is so fine and detailed that I could not help but starring at them and checking all the details from different angels. And they also changed various kinds of wigs and outfits with matching shoes to show me on spot! It was like that I have entered the backstage of Deva Doll and be a little reporter!

I forgot to take pictures but playing the dolls. Until I came to the sense that I should have taken some pictures, it was a bit too late. Plus my camera was low in battery level. So I have missed some stunning stylings. My poor picture quality could not justify the girls’ beauty. Sorry guys!!!

  • New Deva Launching Information:
The whole series of Deva doll would be official launched on http://www.devadolls.com/ on 15th Dec. 08. Each doll would be LE 20.

Unlike other manufacturers who have their design done by themselves and then have their products made in China. But everything in any Deva dolls set are all designed and manufactured in Thailand. For instance, all dolls’ face paint is not done by factory labor but by the artist himself. They said that the doll is UV protected sealing and the paint is water proof as well!

  • Wonderful Experiences:

I have read that some collectors have had bad experiences with them before. Sorry that I do not know the details. So I am not in the position to make any comments. However, I found that Deva guys are extremely friendly and humble in person. I wish that whoever buy any Deva Dolls from them, your experience would be as great as mine, if not any better!

  • Announcement:

I MUST emphasize that I am NOT in any associations with Deva doll. This blog is PURELY written from a perspective of a doll collector. And I am glad that there are artists like Deva guys who take their creation seriously. They have created such a series of gorgeous fashion doll to give collectors more varieties and choices!!

10 comments:

pinoyboytoy said...

Cliff the dolls are stunning! But are they the same guys who produced the original version?

pinoyboytoy said...

This is Q form Prego btw...

Richie said...

Hi Cliff! I've added your blog to my favorites. I plan to visit here regularly. Who is your number one favorite doll? she is fantastic!

Tony said...

Hey, handsome, your blog is amazing!! I love it.
And I also love the new Deva dolls:-)
HUGS
Tony

palbrycht said...

I also wanted to know which doll is your no. 1 doll? Love her.

Second, which doll is dressed in the white gown? I love the outfit.
The dolls come with their gowns and accessories?

Do they have to be assembled?

Thanks, Pam A

Cliff Chan said...

Hi Pinoboytoy.

Thank you for visiting my blog. Honestly, I did not know about the history of DHD, so I am sorry that have no idea if the Deva guys that I have met are any relations to the original DHD personnel.

I actually found out what DHD means just by reading their new website yesterday.

Cliff Chan said...

Hi Richie,

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. And your kind words mean alot to a beginner like me!

That girl is the Latina Deva doll. The wig is by Patt.

Cliff Chan said...

Hi Tony dear!

Thank you very much for your kind words. I am totally new to blog writing stuff. So I am in the trial and error period of how to use it more properly.

Yea, the new Deva dolls are amazing!

Cliff Chan said...

HI Palbrycht,

Thank you very much for visiting my blog and left me a message.

The no.1 favorite doll of mind is the new Latina Deva doll. Wig by Patt. Gown by Pom.

Which in white gown doll are you referring to? Which picture in the blog please?

The dolls should come to you assembled.

However, I am not sure which wig, accessories and gown etc. would be in their commericalized sets. IAs mentioned in my blog that the Deva guys have played mix and match with different wigs, gowns, shoes in front of me! And I was only managed to take pictures of some of them as we were too involved in play!!!

Tran said...

hi Cliff
I'm very love all most dolls you post, I want to be artist of doll, Can I ask you? I'm live in Vietnam, How can I buy this Deva dolls?
You can answer me in here or my email: anhtran.design@gmail.com,
Thank you so much