Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Confession of a Dollaholic - Luo Strongman

I have a confession to make - I have just done something very bad - committed to the most expensive doll ever in my life ~ Luo Strongman by Iplehouse, Korea. I had been lurking on the release of this doll for several weeks; I did not expect that it would be this HOT (Ouch!!) !!! And the fact is that the amount is large enough to pay for a month of my mortgage!
All my friends know that I am a big collector, but I usually think twice before I buy! I would look at the item or its pictures again and again until my adrenalin level drops! So hopefully, the stimulation on me would turn weaker and weaker. If that did not work, that means I really wanted that doll. However, this time, my spending principle did not work for me anymore! The moment that I saw the pictures, I clicked on the purchase and check-out button as fast as I could ~ in fear that I could not get hold of one of these gorgeous LE50!
In early February, Iplehous has announced the releasing schedule of their new dolls. It is all about the new characters of their popular Noctarcana Circus series. One of them is, of course, Luo Strongman!

In the end of 2008, Akanda debuted as the very first ElD (elder Iplehouse doll). He is a mature character with super hero type of massy muscular body. His debute has created a commotion of BJD fans. The discussion on Akando has never been stopped on DOA forum since then.

A few months later, Evan, the tamper joined the circus. Evan has very similar outlook as Akando, but does not seems as popular. Collectors have been looking forward to the release of the 3rd character, Luo, which has even stronger arms with veins, and they classified it as the “Strong Man”. I guess what really carried me away that much is that Luo has a wonderful tanned skin tone, and his face feature is not as boyish or comic-like as most of the BJD characters! Instead he has strong jaw and nose like Brad Pitt! I am not a fan of Brad Pitt but I do really like this mature manly look. A collector has overlaid Brad Pitt’s picture on Luo’s and it showed that they are amazingly assemble!


(This amazing comparision with Brad Pitt is done by a BJD collector )

Honestly, Luo set is lack of rich outfits or accessories. So some people think that it would not worth that much! Akando has far much better and rich outfits and accessories, so does Evan. But I have the weakness towards tanned skin (that is why I have my very first big BJD, Latino Aaron, 2 years ago.) so I guess I selected to be blinded just for this time!!

Now, being a “dollaholic”, my problem is how to pay off for this hot doll!? I have to sell my other precious dolls to fund him! Interested in my collections anybody?


======================================================
[Composition of goods]
- Luo basic head (basic no make-up head)- Body, color : Special brown skin
- Eyeballs : 12mm acrylic eyeballs
- Wig : Wig on the photo
- Shoes : Boots on the photo
- Basic assembly hand parts : Basic hand parts (Brushing is not included.)
- Extra hand parts : Fist-shape hand parts (Brushing is not included.)
- Tension line, S type hook and extra magnets
- Assembly manual- Default box
- Certificate- Outfit : Iplehouse team
~ Composition of outfit : Vest, shoulder strap, arm warmer, pants, decoration belt and necklace
* 50 ea limited in the world
* Composition of body brushing is both arms, tattoo on forearm, fist-shape hand parts, basic hand parts and nipples.

[Body size]
* Height : 70 cm
* Weight : 3kg
* Circumference of head : 23.5 cm (9.2 inch)
* Circumference of neck : 16 cm
* Circumference of chest : 38.9 cm
* Width of shoulder : 19 cm
* Length of arm : 24 cm
* Circumference of wrist : 7.6 cm
* Circumference of arm : 14.2cm
* Circumference of waist : 28.7 cm
* Circumference of pelvis : 36.7 cm
* Circumference of thigh : 21 cm
* From waist to tiptoe : 43.5 cm
* Circumference of ankle : 11 cm
* Length of foot : 10.2 cm

8 comments:

jemil3104 said...

Love Luo!, is a great doll... And what dolls are going to sell?

cuervodolls said...

He's fabulous and I can see why you had to have him! Those arms are wonderful and what a handsome face. I love the tanning skin as well.
Best of luck with your sales.
deb in atlanta

Cliff Chan said...

Hi jemil3104,

Thank you for dropping by...I am selling Sybarite : Blade, Parsely, Rosemary. And some Fashion Royalty! Any interested you?

Please let me know - wanna_hv_fun@hotmail.com

Cliff Chan said...

Hi Deb,

Thank you very much for dropping by! Thank you very much for your kind words! Yea, I surely need luck!!

Terri Gold said...

Congratulations, Cliff! You will be living in the street but your dolls will be fabulous. LOL
He is one amazing doll and so muscular. I can see why you would love him.
Let us know when you get him.
PS
Can I borrow your Blade? Haha. She is the only Sybarite I absolutely love to bits but I could never spend $1000 on a doll - even her.
Hugs,
Terri

Cliff Chan said...

Hi Terri,

So nice to see you here again! Yea, I guess even though I have to sleep in the street without cloth, I still have Luo with cloth on to accompany me! LOL!!

Blade is one of the best Sybarite from my personal opinon! I have sold another amazing Syb - Pony....When I sold her, I almost wanted to cry!

Cliffy

StarryBjurg said...

Where did you find this doll? I have been interested in Integrity dolls but I can't find where to buy them. Integrity does not sell all of them on their website, either. Thanks for any answer.

Cliff - Hong Kong said...

StarryBjurg:
This is LUO, a big BJD by Iplehouse (65cm) not by Integrity.
Iplehouse : www.iplehouse.net

If you are looking for integrity, there are many channels you can buy them. They don't usually sell through their official website but by their official dealers, which most of them are online stores. But beware that some of the dealers would increase the prices for some popular items, and some would require you to buy the whole line in order to get a popular item.
http://integritytoys.com/page/dealers

You can also try your luck by checking doll boards like Pink Parlo or Diva Dolls (www.dollchat.com, then select the proper doll board)

There is another great marketplace called www.thedollpage.com, where many people are buying and selling Integrity dolls there!

If you have any further questions, please feel free to write to me wanna_hv_fun@hotmail.com
** I am selling a few of my FR girls...if you are interested, let me know!

Cliffy