We have seen more pictures of the V3 pictures in Prego in the past few days. Many buyers already received their dolls and taken some great pictures. I mean they are trying hard to show the best of this V3 in their pictures. However, judging from all the pictures that I have seen, the changes (yea, I call it “changes” but not “improvement”) on Syb are big but not necessary impressive at all!!!
Click the below for the link of the body comparsion picture that I found on Flickr.
(1) Taller than the older version
(2) Head is bigger, so the hard cap wigs would not fit the new head anymore. It also means that she has a big head on like Tonner dolls now.
(3) She has a longer round neck with no details. The sexy lines on the neck is gone.
(4) The busts plate section is lowered, no good for bra or bikini. The V-shape of her rib cage looks like the FR body. While JS body shape is rocking the fashion doll world, FR2 body has great improvement and looks similar to JS, Syb seems went backward.
(5) V3 has higher feet arch and slimmer feet, so she would not fit all old Syb shoes, or there would be plenty of hollow when she is on old shoes.
(6 ) Although V3 showed great improvement on articulation by using double knees and elbow joints, it also scarified the beauty of the body lines in the mean time. You can see her elbows joints stucking out here and there almost in every picture. Although the hips is slimmed down, there are extra sections cut on the hips. Syb looks like a muppet more than a top model to me now! (Sign!)
(7) The newly modified face (narrower nose bridge in front, higher from the side) deeper eye sockets, closer between the eyes etc. make V3 look much older and a plastics surgey friend to me!
There is no arguement that the old body, especially the huge square hips, is annoying to most doll fashion makers or collectors, yet it is better than the new one to me personally! Blam me conservative, I still prefer the older face molds like Pony (a bit rounder face) or Rosemary (slimmer face)! This V3 makes me miss my older Sybarite!!
Rosemary…one of my most favorite faceup Syb.
Picture credit: Superfrock, Cliff CHAN
All rights reserved. Please do NOT reuse any materials or write-up without prior writing for permission.